An exclusive book group for women over 50!
The cart is now open for the May – June 2018, group. The cart will close April 25, 2018, for this group.
Cart will reopen June 1, 2018, for the July – August 2018 group.
Our book for May and June is The One Thing
Are you tired of reading self-help books that are all fluff and no substance?
Do you love self-help books, but need some support and resources to help you truly make the most of the books?
Do you want to be part of a group of women over 50 who are ready to make the most of mid-life?
I am a proclaimed self-help junkie. For years I read every self-help book I could get my hands on, but nothing ever changed for me. It wasn’t until I decided to do these two things:
- Find self-help books that had realistic and tested actionable steps that I could implement. No more reading books by women who had cashed in their golden parachutes to live in Argentina while they learned to tango, or whose husbands bankrolled their year by the sea so they could find themselves. Not very realistic for the majority of us.
- I developed a process to implement the action steps in the books I read.
What a difference this has made.
Self-help books now actually help me make the changes I want and need to make.
Life is better with friends
There is so much research on the importance of friendships, especially after we grow older. Friends and their support can help us ward off depression, live longer, boost your self-worth and confidence, provide a network for the life changing events, and more.
The Journey Wisely Online Book Group can become a network of women you can count on.
How will this work?
We will read one book every two months. Discussions will be held in the secret Facebook group, with questions and resources posted weekly. Members will not be added in the middle of a book.
Schedule for new members to join:
- December 15 for the January and February group
- February 15 for the March and April group
- April 15 for the May and June group
- June 15 for the July and August group
- August 15 for the September and October group
- October 15 for the November and December group
Each month we will hosts two online events.
The first online event will be at the beginning of a new book and will provide a general overview of the book. We will also help you develop goals and an individualized plan for making sure you get the most out of the book!
The second event is to get together to talk about the book, just like any other book club. We will come with questions to get the conversation going, but the discussion will be led by you. We may even be able to get an author or two of our book group books to join us! How cool is that??
Cost for group is $10 a month. 5% of all purchases are donated to agencies that provide services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
There is no obligation and you can quit the group at any time.